Today on the podcast:
John Joseph is a former drug-dealing crack addict turned 9 times Ironman triathlon athlete. He is also the voice of the punk rock band ‘The Cro-Mags’.
John Joseph was raised in foster care and grew up on the streets of New York and has one of the most incredible stories I’ve ever heard.
The son of an alcoholic prize-fighter and an abused mother, John was removed from his family at the age of five, spent years in one of New York State’s worst foster homes – which was eventually shut down – and ended up at various violent boys homes and institutions.
Here are just some (and I really mean some) of the topics we covered today.
- Growing up in some of the worst foster homes in New York
- Robbing drug dealers and having a ‘KOS’ (kill on sight) bounty on his head
- Coming through a crack addiction by deciding not to be a victim any more
- Becoming a drug dealer for some of the world’s top celebrities
- Joining Hare Krishna and becoming a monk for two years
- Turning vegan (one of his books is titled ‘Meat Is For Pussies)
- Getting into Ironman and how to work through your demons by challenging yourself mentally and physically
His new book ‘The PMA Effect’ is now available (link below)
No words can describe how good this episode is. John is one of the most remarkable people I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with. I don’t say this very often but this is a MUST LISTEN for anybody with two ears.
USE PROMO CODE BKF FOR 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER AT CLEANCUTMEALS.IE
John Joseph Website
John Joseph Instagram
The PMA Effect
Check out Brians best selling book THE FITNESS MINDSET on AUDIO BOOK and PAPERBACK
Brians Blog can be found here