Today on the podcast:
Dr. John Demartini is a world-renowned human behavior expert, philosopher and speaker.
He has over 4 decades of research across multiple disciplines. His work has been described by students as the “most comprehensive body of work”, “an extensive library of wisdom” and “wisdom of the highest and most valuable order”
He’s an internationally published author, a global educator and the founder of the Demartini Method, a revolutionary tool in modern psychology.
His education curriculum ranges from personal growth seminars to corporate empowerment programs. He shares life, business, financial, relationship and leadership empowerment strategies and empowerment tools that have stood the test of time.
- 04:32 Dr. Demartini’s incredible story on what led him to studying human behavior
- 09:10 The importance of values
- 15:22 Why a great life is not by accident, its built-on purpose and choosing your challenges
- 17:43 Are you a slave to your passion or a master of your mission?
- 21:30 Why extrinsic vs intrinsic values determine how difficult something feels (a diet, a job, a relationship etc.)
- 26:07 Inspiration vs motivation and how they are NOT the same thing
- 30:36 How unrealistic expectations lead to frustration
- 35:49 Why negativity, struggle and pain need to be embraced to feel their opposites – the power of reframing
- 38:04 How to flip your thinking from a victim of history vs master of destiny and learning from inspirational figures who started in a similar position to you
- 42:45 The message that Dr. Demartini would like to leave to the world
- Every human being is spontaneously inspired to fulfill the highest items on their personal value system. If you love teaching, you won’t need motivation to teach. These top values, which are different for everyone, make up your intrinsically-driven calling. Every human being, regardless of their age, gender spectrum, or culture, lives moment-by-moment by a set of priorities, a set of values, things that are most to least important to that individual.
- A life built on purpose, not on passion is a life lived to its fullest. When you live solely according to your passions, you live on impulse. It’s the same as the difference between infatuation and love: one is fleeting and one-sided, the other is lasting and holistic.
- Don’t shun negativity. A life filled with positivity is packaged with negativity by default. The only difference is how you process that negativity. In fact, negativity is a feedback mechanism that lets you know you’re addicted to positivity: If you’re addicted to praise, criticism hurts. If you’re addicted to protection, aggression hurts. If you’re addicted to pleasure, pain hurts. Your reality is what you make of it, and you alone are accountable to your reality.
Powerful Quotes by Dr. Demartini
- Every human being, regardless of their age, gender spectrum, or culture, lives moment-by-moment by a set of priorities, a set of values, things that are most to least important to that individual, that are unique, fingerprint-specific.
- If you try to get into the greatest herd, you’re probably not going to get heard.
- The more you’re not fulfilling your highest values, the more volatile you become.
- The most fulfilling thing a human being does is doing something that serves another individual that brings fulfillment and sustains fair exchange.
- Negativity is a feedback mechanism that lets you know you’re addicted to positivity.
- Anything you can’t say “thank you” to is baggage. Anything you can say “thank you” to is fuel.
Dr. John Demartini