Today on the podcast:
Tia Clair Toomey is a six time Crossfit Games Champion, commonwealth games gold medalist and Rio 2016 Olympian.
She is the author of the best-selling book Fittest Woman on Earth and her new book The Heart Is The Strongest Muscle is available on February 13th 2024 and is. available for pre order now.
The new book is part memoir, part manual and Tia tells us that physical fitness is only a small part of overall strength, building mental toughness is definitely more important while interspersing the struggles she faced on her way to become who she is today.
Here are some of the things we talked about today:
- Embracing failure and turning your fear into fuel!
- The fear of failure to the fear of succeeding spectrum; and how she recognized it on the 2015 CrossFit games podium with a second-place finish
- What she wish she knew about mental toughness when she started first
- Why perfection is unattainable and how stop comparing yourself to others whilst embrace your differences
- Becoming a mom and keeping the fire to compete
- Getting back to competing five months postpartum and her reasons why
- Why complacency is a killer and how she keeps her sword sharp
- And much more.
Order her book here: https://www.amazon.com/Heart-Strongest-Muscle-Mindset-Unstoppable/dp/0593579615
Podcast with Jason Khalipa: http://briankeanefitness.com/podcast/221-jason-khalipa-on-crossfit-being-crowned-fittest-man-on-earth-and-the-amrap-mentality/
Podcast with Mat Fraser: http://briankeanefitness.com/podcast/373-5x-fittest-man-on-earth-mat-fraser-on-why-suffering-makes-you-stronger-using-the-fck-you-mentality-and-how-hard-work-pays-off/
PRVN Fitness – Programming, E-Books, Apparel and More! – PRVN FITNESS
Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr (@tiaclair1) • Instagram photos and videos
PRVN Fitness – YouTube
prvnfitness (@prvnfitness) | TikTok