Today on the podcast:
Fergus is a Hybrid Athlete who recently completed the 1200TWELVE which consisted of a 1200lb powerlifting total and sub 12 hour Ironman distance triathlon in the same day!
Having competed in a variety of sports from a young age, Fergus has spent his life in pursuit of athletic performance.
He shared his experience with mental health, and a suicide attempt, publicly in 2018, and has since used his athletic pursuits as a channel to raise funds and awareness for this cause, and has raised almost £100,000 for Movember through a variety of strength and endurance challenges.
Notes for the 1200TWELVE for anyone unfamiliar with powerlifting or iron distance triathlon:
Powerlifting lifts: squat, deadlift and bench
2.4 mile swim (3.9K), 112 mile bike (180.2K), and 26.2 mile run (42.2K).
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast. —
- His background into fitness and changing training direction when he lost his enthusiasm for powerlifting
- Training and living as a hybrid athlete
- His hardest and craziest challenges over the years
- His history with depression and his suicide attempt in 2016
- Early signs that your mental health is deteriorating and knowing what makes you tick to come through it.
- And much more.
Fergus’s Coaching: https://www.omnia-performance.com/
Fergys’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ferguscrawley/?hl=en
Fergus’s LinkTree: https://linktr.ee/ferguscrawley
New Nutrition Course: https://briankeanefitness.com/nutrition-course/
BKF Online Program: https://briankeanefitness.com/bkf-online/
GAA Lean Body Program: https://briankeanefitness.com/lean-body-program/