Today on the podcast:
Padraig O’Hora is an inter county footballer with Mayo. ,
He uses his social media platforms to talk about important topics such as mental health, youth justice and inclusion ./ diversity.
In today’s show, we go into mental health, breaking the taboo and toxic masculinity for men and sports people when it comes to speaking about it and the importance of knowing you are not alone if you’re struggling.
I think this is a very important episode so please share it with whoever you think will benefit from it.
Here are some of the things we discussed.
· His childhood and how it made him who he is today
· The importance of your inner circle and who you spend time with
· How to not get too high on the highs or too low on the lows (in sport and in life)
· The importance of building a resilient mindset to help cope with mental health
· Why you need to speak to someone if you are struggling
· And much more.