Today on the podcast:
Mairead O’Driscoll aka The Tax Nerd is a chartered accountant and chartered tax advisor.
This is definitely one of the most important podcasts I’ve recorded for podcast subscribers; and one I wish I had listened to when I was either starting off or transitioning from employee to self-employed and then to online and creating a company (LLC)
If you’re self-employed, have an online business or make income as an influencer, this is a must listen.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast:
- The basics on tax, what you NEED to know
- What constitutes business expenses and what you can deduct
- Taxes for online business and influencers
- When to switch from self-employed to an LLC or company
- Pension funds, tax breaks and investing in the S+P 500 or US stocks from Ireland or the UK.
- When to register for VAT.
- Doing tax returns yourself vs using an accountant (and how much that will generally cost)
- Why you need to track your losses for potential tax relief
- And much more.
The Tax Nerd Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thetaxnerd_/?hl=en