Today on the podcast:
- Dealing with anxiety, worry and stress are a lot like sweeping the floor, you can sweep it once and it’s clean but if you don’t stay on top of it every day, it gets dirty again.
- Find what works for you. There is no ‘silver bullet’ – experiment with different strategies and double down on the ones that work.
- Find the thing that puts you into a ‘flow state’ – for me its training, running and walking.
- Gratitude journal. I used a gratitude journal for a few months but focusing on 3 things your grateful for (even if it’s something small like having enough food for breakfast) can prime your day to see all the amazing things that you do have.
- Affirmations on the future. This is a catch 22, too much focus on the future and your anxiety can get worse but with just enough looking into the future (being in the clouds as I like to call it), can make you feel so much better about the things you have to look forward too.
- Live in day tight compartments and just ask yourself, did I get today right? This is the key to long-term success in everything, fitness, mindset, business, relationships, you name it.. step by step we get ahead.