Today on the podcast:
Colin is an explorer and elite endurance athlete who has set multiple world records and is a leading expert on mindset.
Among his feats are the world’s first solo, unsupported, and human-powered crossing of Antarctica, speed records for Explorers Grand Slam and the Seven Summits; and reaching the highest point in all fifty US states in a record-breaking twenty-one days.
Prior to December 2018, no individual had ever crossed the landmass of Antarctica alone, without support and completely human-powered.
His incredible book and New York Times Best Seller ‘The Impossible First – From Fire to Ice – Crossing Antarctica Alone’ spans his triumphant recovery from a tragic accident to his gripping 932-mile solo crossing of Antarctica.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast:
- Burning 25% of his body in Thailand at 22 and how his mother helped him to build his current mindset.
- His pivot from triathlon into extreme challenges
- The power of the mantra “this too shall pass”
- How he prepared for his Antarctica crossing.
- His training and nutrition in the lead-up and during the crossing.
- Managing the fear loop and handling negative self-talk
- How anyone can build the mental strength to do insane challenges.
Colin’s Website: https://www.colinobrady.com
Colin’s Book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Impossible-First/dp/B07VSHWP2W/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Colin+o+brady&qid=1586444957&sr=8-1
Colin’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/colinobrady/?hl=en
CHECK OUT BRIANS NEW BOOK
Rewire Your Mindset Book (Amazon) https://tinyurl.com/RewireYourMindsetBookAmazon
Rewire Your Mindset Book (Book Depository)