Today on the podcast:
Johann is the author of the New York Times best selling book. ‘LOST CONNECTIONS: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression – and the Unexpected Solutions.’
1. Disconnection from meaningful work
2. Disconnection from other people
3. Disconnection from meaningful values
4. Disconnection from childhood trauma
5. Disconnection from status and respect
6. Disconnection from the natural world
7. Disconnection from a. hopeful or secure future
Cause 8 and 9: the real role of genes and brain changes
This was possibly one of my favorite podcast of all time and it goes slightly longer than normal (90 minutes) but you’ll see exactly why as we start to dig into one of the most prevalent topics when it comes to mental health in 2020.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
· Why junk values are the happiness equivalent of junk food
· How the opposite of addiction is connection
· Why porn is to sex what social media is to real person interaction and conversations.
· Why the mistaken belief of making yourself externally perfect is making you miserable.
· And so much more.
The Lost Connections Website https://thelostconnections.com
Check out my latest book ‘Rewire` Your Mindset’ on audiobook – available now on Audible – click here.