Today on the podcast:
In this episode, Brian does a solo Q&A, pulling a variety of questions from social media followers covering a wide range of topics from nutrition, training and supplements to some questions about Brian’s personal life and thoughts around mindset.
Today’s podcast is sponsored by Thryve
Use the code “KEANE” at checkout to get 10% off your first month
- 04:08 Will eating late at night make me fat, or is this just a myth?
- 12:33 What is the best training program for weight loss?
- 20:51 Are you a fan of supplementing with vitamins and minerals?
- 29:01 How do I become more patient with my weight loss?
- 36:41 What’s your next big event?
- 39:00 Who do you live with?
- 43:26 Do you think that in the current climate, new PTs should move online straight away?
- 48:43 Do you ever feel alone or lonely and what’s the best way to handle it?
- 56:14 What are you most excited about right now?
- Gaining and losing fat is all a matter of calories-in and calories-out. Of course, certain techniques, food types, and meal timing can have an effect on the actual speed of gain or loss (including how much muscle you retain); but as long as you’re in a caloric deficit, you will burn body fat.
- It’s always worth considering that context really does matter when it comes to vitamins, minerals, and supplementation. Each person responds differently to these supplements and there is no one-size-fits-all recommendation. It’s always good to understand your body, particularly through getting yourself checked by a professional, to know what you need to take to optimize your health and performance.
- When it comes to losing body fat, the two keys are patience and accountability. You may not see those stubborn stores of fat shrinking just yet, but as long as you see some kind of progress, then you just have to keep it up. Track your progress and assess whether you’re going too slow or stagnating, in which case you need to tweak a few things. But your focus should be on the actual progress you’re making rather than on the stubborn body fat that is yet to come off.
Powerful Quotes by Brian
- If you’re eating too many calories, that leads to fat gain. In order to lose body fat, you need to be in a caloric deficit.
- You don’t necessarily have to prioritize training in order to lose fat. You do need to prioritize your nutrition, though. All training does is it supports that caloric deficit.
- If you’re taking a supplement that you don’t need, it’s a waste of money. If you’re taking a supplement that your body needs, it’s an incredible investment because you’re going to hedge your bets against what it is that you’re not getting.
- If you keep doing what you’ve always been doing, you’re going to keep getting what you’ve always gotten.
- Last solo Q+A 265
- The online business podcast
- How to move your PT business online course
- Rewire Your Mindset Online Course (new)
- Let’s Get Checked – Use KEANE30 for 30% off first-time orders
- BKF Online Course