Today on the podcast:
Angela Foster is a functional nutrition practitioner and executive health & performance coach.
She is host of the top rated High Performance Health Podcast where she interviews the world’s top experts in health optimisation for high performance.
Angela creates step by step solutions for individuals – through coaching and consulting and public speaking and media – to optimise every aspect of their mind, body and spirit to live a fulfilling and limitless life.
Whether you want to enhance your longevity and reverse your biological age or optimise your energy, productivity, cognitive and physical performance, Angela will create the uniquely bio individual plan to help you do this.
FCE Scan: https://fcescan.ie/ (Enter code “FCEBK” at checkout for 10% off)
- 03:18 What led Angela down the path of optimizing her physical and mental health?
- 06:57 Getting out of depression, suicidal thoughts and realizing you have the power to change your thoughts
- 15:57 Breaking down Angela’s S.H.I.F.T approach to optimal health and performance
- 26:07 Fasting for women and why it’s not the same as fasting for men
- 29:34 Deciding if the keto diet is for you
- 34:24 How your genetics should play a role in your nutritional choices
- 37:04 Biohacking your health
- 40:38 Over- and underrated biohacks
- 43:51 Angela’s book recommendations for mindset
- 46:00 The one Instagram post that Angela would want everyone to see
- You have the power to change your thoughts. Your mind is simultaneously your most constructive and destructive tool for making changes in your life, big and small. While it’s so easy to think that things happen to you, the truth is that what we tell ourselves is so much more impactful than anything other people tell us. Your self-talk and your inner sense of worth determine the trajectory of your life.
- Optimizing your physical and mental health, wellness, and performance through biohacking requires an understanding that there is no such thing as the “best” or a “one-size-fits-all” lifestyle or nutrition plan. There are, of course, basics to everything. But once you’ve gotten the basics down, it’s time to fine-tune the different aspects of your life: How can you upgrade your mental function? How can you increase your time-to-failure in exercise? How can you refine your reps and sets at the gym for maximum growth and recovery according to your genetics?
- Don’t be afraid to let your intuition drive you, especially if you’re feeling like you’re currently stuck or that something is “missing” in your life, whether in terms of your health and fitness, career, or relationships. You can do anything that you want, but you have to be it first – and you do that by visualising the person you want to be.
Powerful Quotes by Angela
- If you really want sustained high-performance, then optimal health is the foundation of it. You can’t do without it.
- It’s the craziest thing: When you’re depressed, all you want to do is run away from yourself – you’re the only person you can’t run away from. But actually, going inward, as hard as it was, was the journey out for me.
- Sleep is the foundation of everything. Sleep is going to make everything else that you need to do easier.
- Your DNA is never going to change. What we need to do is change the epigenetic expression. So, how can we change the way your genes are expressed?
- Biohacking is the art and science of hacking or optimizing your biology to unlock the most optimized version of you, so you can really show up as your best self every single day.
Functional nutrition practitioner and executive health & performance coach