Today on the podcast:
Dr Misak is a licensed Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, a Licensed Pharmacist and a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy in 1992, he gained 3½ years of university hospital pharmacy experience at Duke University Medical Centre.
During his hospital pharmacy experience, Dr. Misak’s primary focus was clinical rounding in Oncology and General Medicine. As he began to realize the pitfalls of traditional medicine and pharmacy, he started his continued search for truth in health, which directed him to naturopathic medicine.
He performs regular lectures and does YouTube shows teaching the concepts of bio-electric chemistry and how to optimize personal energy efficiency. He also owns and operates Pittsburgh Alternative Health, Inc. in the south hills of Pittsburgh, where he focuses on health analysis and how to support optimal energy formation to result in natural health restoration.
Dr Misak goes pretty on the science in this episode, but I’ve tried to break it down as we go along (where possible).
Vi-Telometry: https://vitelometry.com/ (use the code BK10 to get 10% off your order)
- 07:04 What led Dr Misak to the health and fitness industry
- 09:19 The biggest thing that Dr Misak changed his mind about over the past 30 years
- 11:09 How to check in what your body needs (and what foods or supplements to use with it)
- 14:49 The missed symptoms of your body breaking down gradually
- 22:33 How to increase your energy naturally and optimize for better health
- 25:13 Food intolerance and how all tests are NOT created equal
- 28:33 The primary cause of aging and how to slow it down
- 38:45 The things to look out for when detoxifying your body
- 45:46 The biggest mistakes people make when it comes to their diet
- Optimizing for health starts with sugar regulation and pH control. When you control your sugar intake, you control your potential energy. When you control your pH, you control the speed and the efficiency of that energy. When you learn the basics of how to eat and how to regulate your water intake based on your sugar intake and pH control, the other factors will start to shift in the right direction.
- If you’re feeling sluggish and want to increase your energy naturally, the first and most important thing to do is focus on eating the right foods for you. Check your heart rate before and after eating. If it has gone up 20%, you probably ate something that your body is intolerant of. Try an elimination diet or the blood type diet. If you want to increase your energy in the fastest and most natural way possible, getting rid of food intolerances is key.
- When it comes to choosing the right foods for you, you need “to understand what your chemistry is doing”. Specifically, you need to look at the quality and the low impact of toxins in your food.
Powerful Quotes by Dr Misak
- [Optimizing for health] starts with sugar regulation and pH control. […] When you control your sugar intake, you control your potential energy. When you control your pH, you control the speed and the efficiency of that energy.
- Getting rid of food intolerances is key [for natural energy]. […] I have seen autoimmune conditions reverse just by the elimination of certain foods.
- It’s a process, not a product. […] If you learn to optimize the process and realize – become aware – of when things are, you’re becoming equipped to take care of yourself, not relying on someone like me to tell you to take something.
- Natural medicine teaches that every restoration has a detox: an elimination from the body before it restores back to normal.
- Detox is wonderful. It needs to happen in a restorative process; but, it’s only part of the answer. You have to deal with everything else in order to maintain and take it to the next level.
- If you understand what your chemistry is doing, you understand which foods are best for you.
Dr. Darrell Misak