Today on the podcast:
Dr. Stacy is an applied researcher, innovator, and entrepreneur in human performance, specifically sex differences in training, nutrition, and environmental conditions.
Prior to being launched into industry, she served as an exercise physiologist and nutrition scientist at Stanford University from 2007 to 2012, where she specialized in sex differences with environmental and nutritional considerations for recovery and performance, specializing in women’s health and performance.
With the unique opportunities, Silicon Valley has to offer, during her tenure at Stanford, she had the opportunity to translate earlier research into a science-based layperson’s book (ROAR) written to explain sex differences in training and nutrition across the lifespan.
Her contributions to the international research environment has led to her being named:
- One of the top 50 visionaries of the running industry (2015) by DMSE Sports.
- One of the top 40 women changing the paradigm of her field (2017) by Outside Magazine.
- One of the top four individuals changing the landscape in triathlon nutrition (2017) by Triathlete Magazine
And all her research publication history can be found in Google Scholar. This was a fascinating conversation. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed recording it.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast.
- The major training and nutrition sex differences between men and women
- Intermittent fasting for females (how to minimise the downsides) and why it’s completely different for men.
- The biggest fitness industry misconceptions you need to watch out for
- What a natural/normal menstrual cycle should look like
- The contraceptive conundrum: is the pill blunting your training gains?
- Sleep and its importance on mood and recovery
- The benefits of cold-water immersion for females and how it differs for males.
- And much more
Dr Sims Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drstacysims/?hl=en
Dr. Sims Website: https://www.drstacysims.com/
New Nutrition Course: https://briankeanefitness.com/nutrition-course/
BKF Online Program: https://briankeanefitness.com/bkf-online/
GAA Lean Body Program: https://briankeanefitness.com/lean-body-program/