Today on the podcast:
Luke is a British Olympic gold medalist, commonwealth champion and former professional boxer.
As an amateur, he won gold at the 2008 European Championships, silver at the 2011 World Championships, and gold at the 2012 Olympic games in London, all in the bantamweight division.
He also challenged twice for lightweight world titles. In July of this year, he retired from professional boxing — nine years after winning Olympic gold at the London Games.
Today’s podcast is a fascinating deep dive into what it takes to develop that champion mindset. Luke is so incredibly down to earth and humble and there is so much to be taken from this podcast even if you’re not fan of boxing or sport in general.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast:
- Finding your passion in life (whatever that is)
- Advice to his younger self and what you need to do to stay on the right path
- What he would have done if he hadn’t been a professional boxer
- Winning the Olympic gold medal at London 2012
- The mindset shift from amateur to pro
- His relationships with social media as a professional boxer
- The power of enjoying the moment
- His toughest fight (physically, mentally and emotionally)
- The importance of your inner circle and surrounding yourself with the right people.
BKF Online Program: https://briankeanefitness.com/bkf-online/
GAA Lean Body Program: https://briankeanefitness.com/lean-body-program/