Today on the podcast:
Hattie Boydle was the 2016 World Beauty Fitness and Fashion (WBFF) World Champion, is a body positivity advocate, motivational speaker and business woman.
She’s the owner of the popular online fitness and coaching programme, the Sports Model Project.
Hattie has over half a million Instagram followers and is on a mission to empower women to be the best they can be, hoping to inspire them to push their boundaries when it comes to weight training, healthy living, competing on stage or simply being the best version of themselves.
- 05:11 Hattie’s fitness journey
- 08:26 The training and nutrition mistakes she made early on
- 10:55 Switching from the “punish myself” mindset to a holistic approach to fitness
- 13:51 Developing self-compassion and improving your relationship with self
- 16:35 How being bullied in school turned into her being own biggest bully (and how she overcame it)
- 19:29 Avoiding the comparison trap
- 23:49 How to get curious about your common thoughts and to learn from them
- 26:48 The importance of gut health
- 30:44 Maximizing your gut health
- 32:42 Why she competes and the benefits it brings to her life
- 36:17 Hattie’s favorite failure
- 38:58 The habits of a champion
- 41:32 What Hattie is most excited for, and her new podcast and who it’s for
- 45:37 Why Hattie started her podcast
- 51:29 The advice that Hattie would give her 20-year-old self
- The path to progress in your health and fitness journey is process-driven. The reason most people find the journey so difficult is because they tend to be punishment- or pain-driven. A lot of us decide to live healthier lifestyles in order to heal bad relationships with our physique or with food—or both. Your body is an amazing machine. If you look after it and trust the process of transformation sans self-criticism, day by day, you will achieve your goals.
- At the end of the day, you can’t control how anyone thinks of you. The only thing you can control is what you do. You can be inspired and motivated by others; but, you need to focus on becoming the greatest version of yourself. Focus on outperforming yourself. Look inwards and uncover your weaknesses, strengths, goals, and vision you have for yourself, then decide on the qualities, habits, and rituals you need to stick to, to step into your best self.
- Whenever you start something, whether it’s a brand or a podcast or a book, or even a healthy lifestyle, it’s normal to be afraid of failure, or that you won’t be good enough to achieve what you desire. But if you never start, you’ll never know. What’s the worst that could happen? Simply, that nothing changes.
Powerful Quotes by Hattie
- The time in my life where I wasn’t process-driven was when I was punishment-driven.
- When we compare ourselves, or when we feel insecure or inferior, or we have fear, it has nothing to do with the other person and everything to do with ourselves.
- A champion is not just what we are on stage, but how we are, how we live, and what we do in our daily process.
- Life really happens to us when we know who we are.