Today on the podcast:
Kute Blackson is a transformational truth teacher and national best-selling author of “You Are The One” and “The Magic of Surrender – Finding The Courage To Let Go”.
Kute was the winner of the 2019 Unity New Thought Walden Award and is widely considered a next generation leader in the field of personal development.
His mission is simple: To awaken and inspire people across the planet to access inner freedom, live authentically and fulfill their true life’s purpose.
He is also the host of the thought provoking podcast Soul Talk with Kute Blackson that focuses on what really matters in life.
- 03:25 Identifying your sabotaging patterns and why ego is not the enemy but if you don’t bring awareness to it, it can be!
- 07:10 Understanding the power of your conditioning when trying to get out of your own way
- 11:33 External love, validation and approval and how to remove yourself from its power
- 19:45 Why we struggle so much to surrender
- 28:02 Working with your ego instead of fighting it
- 34:34 Why we manifest problems that aren’t really there and managing anxiety
- Ego is how we perceive ourselves to be. It’s neither good nor bad. It’s not a “thing”, but a “process of identification” – just as a bicycle is a “thing” and pedaling is a “process”. Therefore, your perception of who you are is not a fixed “thing” but simply an arrangement of patterns you molded together using your highly subjective powers of thinking and feeling. This means that, once we realize that how we perceive ourselves to be is not static, we can surrender the image we’re holding onto and ultimately rewire that perception into a more positive, productive one.
- Surrender is not weakness. It is not about becoming less, but making room for more. The process of surrendering is gradual. It includes embracing the negative emotions that come with hesitation, anxiety, fear, and guilt that come with acknowledging that you have flaws that need to change. With awareness and the willingness to accept the full spectrum of emotions that come with surrendering, the negativity will naturally dissolve and you allow growth to happen more smoothly.
- The ego’s job is to reinforce its existence. It doesn’t exist in stillness, which is why most people feel uncomfortable resting, meditating, or simply doing nothing. Ego thrives in motion. When we allow ourselves to flow in life, to embrace flexibility, to relax and open our mind and heart to change, we surrender – we don’t allow ego to get in the way of growth.
Powerful Quotes by Kute
- The more we understand what ego is and the more we can have the right relationship with ego, the more we can free ourselves from it.
- The job of the ego is to reinforce its existence. The job of the ego is to keep us safe – to keep us from getting hurt.
- Our relationship with ego is more important than ego itself.
- You will find that if you fully experience your experience, usually, that will pass and dissolve naturally, without suppression.
- Surrender is the most powerful thing we can do to live the next level of our life. Surrender is the real secret to manifestation – the real key to true greatness. Not goodness – greatness.