Today on the podcast:
This is a podcast talking about my recent life changing experience with Amazonian medicine Ayahuasca. The conversation is guided by one of my best friends Orla O’ Flaherty. Enjoy.
I also discuss my experience with Kambo and the terrifying 5-MeO-DMT trip in this episode.
Warning: this podcast is for informational purposes only and is not advice or a recommendation (medical or otherwise)
- 09:00 What was the “why” to do the retreat?
- 15:55 Did you find the process began to happen before you got there?
- 18:00 When you get there, what was the process?
- 24:18 Was I resisting letting it in?
- 29:30 Ayahuasca will only give you what you can handle
- 34:20 This is what happened, but here is what should have happened
- 39:44 The knowns, unknowns, or a combination of both?
- 42:40 It’s not a silver bullet, it’s a tool
- 51:00 The last trip on 5-MeO-DMT
- 57:40 The skepticism is real and it’s not a bad way to approach things
- The best piece of advice I received prior to the retreat was “have your questions ready”.
If you decide this is something you want to explore, write down the questions you are looking for answers with. You should be asking “why am I here?”, “what do I want to get out of this?”, “What am I looking for?” and this will help with your experience
- It was like ten years of therapy with a therapist that knew me better than myself. There isn’t much else to add.
- This isn’t for everybody, if you go there and you haven’t done the work beforehand, you could have a very bad time.
If I had gone at 25, 26 or 27 – I would have had a horrible experience as I was willfully ignoring a lot of the things in my life. I think it’s important to take caution before exploring any plant medicine as the downsides are potentially endless.
Powerful Quotes by Brian
- Your mind has the power to make your body sick if it doesn’t want to face something.
- It allowed me to access every memory, every experience, everything that happened to me in my life up until that point, like I was watching something on Netflix.
- It would take my painful memories and it gave me a new version of those stories.
- I stopped feeling like a man experiencing the world and I started to feel like the world experiencing a man
- The 5-MeO-DMT is like dying and being born at the same time, it was absolutely terrifying!