Today on the podcast:
Sean Casey is an online fitness coach.
He has over 300k followers on Instagram and over 2.2 million followers on TikTok and he uses his platforms to give people simple recipes and fitness tips.
He is also the head coach of The Sean Casey Academy and owner of SC Social Circle which is a social media growth course that helps you turn your passion into a full-time income.
I’ve been following Sean since the early days and love his no bullsh*t approach to health and fitness. We go through so much in this podcast that we had to break it into two parts so stay tuned for part 2 coming next week.
- 07:52 Sean’s journey in the health and fitness world
- 11:53 The difference between losing fat and burning fat
- 20:21 The worst advice he sees on the internet, social media, and in diet books
- 25:30 How to lose belly fat
- 30:49 The worst weight loss myths making the rounds on TikTok and Instagram
- 37:16 The principle of calories-in, calories-out
- 39:44 Training for fat loss
- 44:47 The reason people struggle so much with weight loss
- 49:43 The role of supplements in fat loss
- You will burn more fat when you cut down on your carbohydrates; but, if you don’t combine that with a caloric deficit, then you won’t actually lose fat. While not the be-all, end-all, the principle of calories-in and calories-out is a fundamental that you need to keep in mind before you begin your weight loss journey. The nutritional approach you adopt—whether it be keto, intermittent fasting, or otherwise—will have little-to-no effect on your fat loss goals unless you’re adhering to the fundamentals first.
- In fitness, as in life, you need to be selective about the advice you choose to incorporate into your lifestyle. If you follow everything that every expert says with regards to nutrition, you will literally have nothing to eat. Also, keep it simple. The extremity of the diet needs to meet the extremity of the goal. If your desire is a sustainable healthy lifestyle, stick to the fundamentals and expert advice that adhere to your personal preferences.
- Beware of clickbait content on social media telling you the “one” thing you need to do to lose belly fat or other often complex, too-good-to-be-true soundbytes. If you’re going to follow someone’s advice, don’t passively consume their content. Ensure they have a track record of credibility and that their information is thoroughly researched.
Powerful Quotes by Sean
- There is no secret to getting in shape. You have to learn about the principles and come up with your own method from there.
- Just because someone has a book or is a doctor doesn’t mean that what they’re saying is gospel, because if you do take the advice of all of these people, you would literally have nothing left to eat.
- It’s never the one meal or the one day. It’s how you react to the one meal or the one day.