Today on the podcast:
Sean Casey is an online fitness coach.
He has over 300k followers on Instagram and over 2.2 million followers on TikTok and he uses his platforms to give people simple recipes and fitness tips.
He is also the head coach of The Sean Casey Academy and owner of SC Social Circle which is a social media growth course that helps you turn your passion into a full-time income.
In part 1, we focused on all thing’s fat loss, nutrition and dietary misconceptions. In part 2, we mix it up by going into all things social media and turning your passion into full time income.
- 08:08 How he used social media to start and build four businesses
- 12:16 How to turn followers into a viable business
- 22:24 The biggest mistake people make with social media
- 28:05 Finding your motivation to creating content
- 34:28 Sean’s favorite educational resources for business and content creation
- 39:17 Whether you should start a business and then do social media or the other way around
- 41:48 How Sean decided on his offers and his launch strategy
- 48:37 Why Sean regrets nothing since starting his brand
- Your business will not succeed on social media if you’re just in it for fame and money. You need to be on social media with the intention of providing value. Expect to spend at least the first six months publishing educational content every single day (or at least often and regularly) and expecting nothing in return. This will build that all-important know, like, and trust factor for your brand and lay a strong foundation for your business that will pay off when you eventually do launch a coaching service.
- The biggest mistake you can make when it comes to building your social media presence is following advice that worked 5-10 years ago but don’t work now. Infographics and long-form content used to be powerful for growing your following; but, now, what’s being pushed by the algorithm are Reels, TikToks, and the like.
- Failure is never a bad thing. In fact, mistakes are your greatest teachers if you let them be. If you decide to learn from them instead of letting them dissuade you, obstacles and setbacks can strengthen your foundation for even greater success down the road.
Powerful Quotes by Sean
- Having a following doesn’t mean you’re automatically making money. But having a following does present more opportunity for more lucrative business ventures.
- I see opportunity and I go for it. I don’t overthink it.
- I would rather have 1000 followers and be moving in the right direction than have 500,000 and be at a standstill.
- Rewire failure as feedback.