Today on the podcast:
Aidan O’Brien is a mindset coach, mentor, and keynote speaker.
His goal is to empower people to find their truth, master their emotions, develop new skills and transform into the most powerful version of you.
Aidan first stepped on stage as a speaker in 2007 and has been speaking and mentoring ever since. For 15 years Aidan has travelled the world coaching individuals and live audiences on 5 continents inspiring over 250,000 people and counting.
- 06:05 How anyone can learn to build more confidence
- 10:34 Gaining more clarity on who you are and where you want to go
- 15:43 Creating a vision to free yourself from all distractions
- 21:54 Why self doubt ultimately leads to self sabotage
- 30:15 The power of the words and mantra “I AM ENOUGH”
- 36:36 The importance of keeping a small circle
- 42:01 How to remove unhealthy relationships from your life, including family members
- Building more confidence starts with having clarity on who you are, with all your flaws, weaknesses, and gaps. On the other side, clarity also means knowing what you want and where you are going. You find these answers within, and not even necessarily using your mind. This means we need to focus on our inner life more, refusing to allow the external world to dictate our self-worth. And finally, when we make promises to ourselves, we must keep our own word. After all, if we don’t believe in ourselves, we can’t rely on ourselves.
- A vision that moves you emotionally, that comes straight from your heart, is the one you should follow. Your vision has to be clear, specific, and emotionally-charged. And your vision should engage all of your senses, permeating through your whole being rather than staying inside your head. The importance of looking within to unlock your vision for life ultimately lies in the fact that you are enough. What you want and need is inside you. In fact, you embody your desires. You only need to recognize it.
- Everybody has an inner child that needs to be healed and loved. For many people, healing this inner child requires them to “divorce their parents” or, for that matter, “divorcing” any other family member that does not add positivity, growth, nor the sense of freedom to be one’s authentic self around them.
Powerful Quotes by Aidan
- Without clarity, you can’t have confidence.
- Now, more than ever, awareness is the key to everything—and it’s not just for confidence. It’s really to free us from all mental and emotional burden.
- The right question is always the right answer.
- Don’t think of your future. Think from your future.
- The real you needs nothing.