Today on the podcast:
Toni Okamoto is the founder of Plant-Based on a Budget, the popular website and social media platform that teaches millions how to save money by eating veggies.
She’s also the author of the Plant-Based on a Budget Cookbook, and the co-host of The Plant-Powered People Podcast.
Her work has been profiled by NPR, NBC News, Parade Magazine, and she’s a regular presence on local and national morning shows across the country, where she teaches viewers how to break their meat habit without breaking their budget.
She was also featured in the popular documentary What the Health and her Instagram account has over 560k followers.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast.
· The biggest obstacle many of us face when it comes to healthy eating
· The difference between saving time and money in the kitchen, which is more challenging and which should take priority.
· What inspired her to go plant based.
· How living below the poverty line as a young adult affected her commitment to eating plant-based.
· Overcoming the stigma attached to veganism.
· The time-saving food tips that have helped her the most.
· The stories behind her recipes and why emotional ties can impact your food relationship.
· And more..