Today on the podcast:
Shona Vertue is a personal trainer and yoga teacher with over 420k followers on Instagram and one of the most popular yoga channels in the UK on YouTube.
Shona’s method, developed during her decade of teaching, combines weighted resistance training and cardio with her life-long passions – yoga and meditation – placing just as much importance on rest and recovery as hours in the gym in the pursuit of fitness.
We got through so much in this episode and it’s definitely one I will be going back over; so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed recording it.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s show:
- What got her into health and fitness whilst growing up in Australia
- How she moved from a 1:1 training into social media and the UK culture and weather shock
- Why your body is a temple, not a gym and the importance of using fitness to enhance your experience of life, not dominate it.
- How over-identifying with your body can lead you down a path of unhappiness that will catch up with you when you’re injured, aged, or ill.
- The reason fitness should never come at the cost of health.
- How fitness is a celebration of what your body can do and an opportunity to push it into adaptation, another amazing feature of this human life. It’s not about repenting for perceived dietary or lifestyle sins.
- Using science to guide but not override what you’re feeling.
- Let the magic ten guide your next steps.
- And much more..
Shona Vertue – YouTube
Shona Vertue (@ShonaVertue) / Twitter
Shona Vertue (@shona_vertue) | Instagram
Shona Vertue | Facebook
The Vertue Method: A stronger, fitter, healthier you – in 28 days: Vertue, Shona: 9781473653344: Amazon.com: Books