Today on the podcast:
Marcus Smith is an extreme athlete and coach, entrepreneur and motivational speaker.
As a show fan favourite, lolong-termisteners will be familiar with him from episodes 141 Find Your Everest and Showing No Weakness with Marcus Smith, Episode 207 Marcus Smith – The Intensive Care Unit To Running 30 Marathons In 30 Consecutive Days (which is still one of my all-time personal favourites) and most recently episode 253 on Making Yourself Mentally Tougher and Building The Ultra-mindset.
He is also the founder of Inner Fight in Dubai and the host of the great podcast by the same name.
EXPLICIT WARNING: This episode has more swearing than usual.
Here are some of the things we spoke about in today’s episode.
- Getting personal growth through getting out of your comfort zone and seeking out adventure
- Races vs your own challenges (for any endurance enthusiasts)
- Using ultras, endurance and difficult challenges as a vehicle for self-discovery
- Getting to the root of real pain point so you can stay motivated towards your goals
- Why Marcus thinks people need to seek out challenges
- Dealing with pain management and how the body keeps the score
- The RAKMAN and how Covid planting the extreme ironman seed
- The role gratitude plays in endurance challenges
- And much more.
Previous podcast appearances:
#253: Marcus Smith On Making Yourself Mentally Tougher And Building The ‘Ultra’ Mindset! – Brian Keane Fitness
Marcus Smith Podcast 141: https://briankeanefitness.com/podcast/141-finding-your-mount-everest-and-showing-no-weakness-with-marcus-smith/
Marcus Smith Podcast 207 https://briankeanefitness.com/podcast/206-marcus-smith-the-intensive-care-unit-to-running-30-marathons-in-30-consecutive-days-in-less-than-8-months/
Marcus Smith Podcast 141: https://briankeanefitness.com/podcast/141-finding-
Marcus Smith Podcast 207 https://briankeanefitness.com/podcast/206-marcus-