Today on the podcast:
Maeve Madden is a model, actress, lifestyle and fitness blogger, personal trainer and qualified nutritionist.
She is also the founder of queen’s community where she has been educating women to help them improve their health, body confidence and find a new found love for fitness.
As with all our conversations, we went in a million different directions; but here are some of the main talking points from today’s podcast.
- 03:23 The queens don’t quit evolution
- 12:40 What makes the message of queen’s don’t quit resonate with so many women
- 16:00 Home workout misconceptions
- 24:14 Overcoming the fear of lifting weights
- 31:21 Nutrition advice for beginners and anyone who wants to eat better
- 36:47 Maeve’s current eating regimen and how cutting out a certain food has healed her gut
- 41:56 Minimizing fizzy drinks and going sober for 80 days and its effect on her sleep and skin
- 47:26 The queens don’t quit mindset
- Home workouts can be effective even with minimal equipment. And oftentimes, you can accomplish at home whatever you intend to accomplish at the gym. This minimal approach can also reduce the fear of weight training. Many women are afraid of getting bulky or looking silly when lifting weights or doing certain bodyweight exercises such as burpees. A support group like queen’s community allows women to work out in the comfort of their homes, using whatever equipment they happen to have on hand, with encouragement and accountability from like-minded people to boot!
- It’s extremely important to eat a balanced diet, in which you’re clear on your maintenance calories and how much protein you need to eat per day. When easing away from unhealthy eating habits, start with small changes, such as drinking more water and incorporating more vegetables and whole foods into your meals. The point is to find a sustainable approach to nutrition that works for you as an individual, rather than looking for a one-size-fits-all approach—which of course doesn’t exist.
- Winners don’t quit; they just take breaks to focus on other life priorities! This is a vital strategy to maintain mental health and avoid burnout. To keep this mindset for life, always find the time to surround yourself with like-minded people and find a supportive community that offers a sense of belonging, as well as encouragement and motivation during challenging times.
Powerful Quotes by Maeve
- As long as you have enough space to throw down an exercise mat, you can do anything.
- If you don’t try, you’re never going to know.
- Queens don’t quit. They just take a breath.
Personal trainer and qualified nutritionist
Maeve Madden is a model, actress, lifestyle and fitness blogger, personal trainer and qualified nutritionist. Born in Ireland, she moved to London after injury ended her professional dancing career. Maeve quickly realised her real passion was health and fitness and she became determined to share her battle with bloating, IBS, PCOS and adult acne.